Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The more I read

...the less I know.

At least, in the world of investing, this is what I am finding. If I stick with human nature, I read things which reinforce my preconceptions. Fine for things like global warming and politics, but in the market there needs to be a buyer and a seller (otherwise there is no market!), so I sense that I need to know what the person on the other side of the deal might be thinking.

So far I have found a range of opinions, all based on facts and history. I would have hoped these would have dampened some of my emotional reaction to the market, and made me more analytical. The opposite happened yesterday and I sold out of a position that I should have just hung on to. The stock bounced back today but I did not own any of it.

Grrr. Tuition is expensive in this course.

No comments: