Saturday, July 22, 2006

Visiting privileges would be nice

Wouldn't it be nice if I could pop over and spend some quality time with the car? But I don't have a key. I need to check whether the crack in the windshield is all the way through to the inside, which would cause it to fail the inspection, or whether it's on the outer layer only. I'd like to open the car up because of the heat, and let it continue to air out a bit. It smells strongly of old leather, which is fine, but a little strong.

Meanwhile the accumulation of spare parts and restoration necessities continues. I have ordered new rubber for around the windshield, side windows and rear window. A pair of Euro Headlights is en route, as are instructions and tools for tuning up the sunroof and renewing the padding in the driver's seat.

A nagging desire to buy that other coupe in the lower mainland has not left me yet. I don't actually NEED either car, but having yielded to the desire to buy one, and not yet being certain of whether SS is going to be great in the long run, a little voice is telling me to call the guy back and give him the money. Easy, Halfwise, easy boy. Wait for Al's report, and then decide whether you bought an expensive parts car or a cheap classic...

No comments: